|Job title:||Accounts Payable Officer|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 7 years|
|Job published:||25 March 2021|
|Job reference no:||1273973776|
I am recruiting for an Accounts Payable Officer for a Complete Mining Services Provider specialising in Exploration & Production Drilling, Load & Haul Services, Fleet Maintenance and Geochemical Analysis Solutions, to be based in Mauritius, Ebene.
I am looking for a well-spoken candidate who has been in an accounts payable role for at least 6 years, and who has experience in dealing with international and African clients on a daily basis.
- ACCA preferable
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Issues stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.