|Job title:||Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer (DMLRO)|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 10 years|
|Job published:||06 November 2020|
|Job reference no:||2229974069|
Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer (DMLRO) having experience in finance and accounting to join our client in Port Louis, Mauritius.
As DMLRO, your main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Make sure policies, procedures and manuals meet the latest regulation requirements.
- Ensure that records are kept of appropriate policies, procedures and controls that are in place and that these are being properly adhered to.
- Ensure business strategy involves business and client risk assessments.
- Perform Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) on new and/or potential clients.
- Conduct clients’ database monitoring and repeat CDD, EDD, PEP & sanctions screenings.
- Monitor transactions and make rules to detect & resolve suspicious cases.
- Identify and resolve fraudulent transactions.
- Determine existing trends by analysing accounts and transaction patterns and suggest system improvements to reduce potential revenue losses.
- Report to the board on compliance issues.
- Maintain the general accounting system and records of the Company, whilst continuously ensuring compliance with Company policies.
- Prepare report on financial results and internal audit results.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Undertake all other statutory fillings including but not limited to tax fillings.
- Overview external audit exercises.
- Conception of the annual report and project managing the overall process.
- Design and maintain an efficient internal control system and oversee the internal audit function.
- Responsible for the operation of the Company’s transactions processes and monitoring.
- Good knowledge of payroll practices (collection of attendance, MRA returns, etc.
The ideal candidate must :
- Holding a relevant qualification from a recognized institution – Minimum a degree holder (Legal, Management, Economics, Finance or other relevant field) or a professional qualification.
- At least 5 years managerial/ and compliance experience in the Global Business Sector.
- Experience as MLRO or DMLRO will be a definite advantage.