|Job title:||Management Consultant : Nutrition|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||2 to 5 years|
|Job published:||02 May 2022|
|Job reference no:||1889212648|
We are seeking a Tech & Entrepreneurship associate based out of sub-Saharan Africa to support the company's portfolio of projects designed to make nutritious foods accessible and affordable.
This company informs, supports, designs, and incubates evidence-based malnutrition solutions. With 30 years’ experience in advocacy for improved nutrition, incubating innovation, and convening the best minds in the field of food systems and nutrition.
- Translating nutrition science so that programs, policies, and participants are informed and effective.
- Building public–private partnerships, an underutilized mechanism in nutrition, which can accelerate the private sector’s engagement and maximize the impact of both the private and the public sector
- Developing viable business models that are profitable or sustainably subsidized and increase the availability and desirability of nutritious foods.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assess value chain by deep diving into macro and micro industry trends, identify root causes, challenges, and solutions to improve accessibility and affordability of nutritious foods
- Conduct interviews with key stakeholders as necessary to fill gaps in implementation model, collect data points, and validate assumptions
- Synthesize clear takeaways and recommendations from complex information using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Construct robust and comprehensive business and financial models for building and runningn such projects
- Plan, develop, and prepare compelling documents that can draw out meaningful insights from data and communicate them convincingly
- Aggregate data from the field; analyze, prepare and discuss regular project updates for review and decision making
- Create and maintain a knowledge platform to facilitate cross-country learnings and implementation of best practices
- Write business development strategies and investment cases for donors compliant with requirements
Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate/Masters’ degree in business/finance, public policy or related fields.
- 2-4 years’ experience in management consulting and business model development
- Excellent research, analytical, and writing skills; Proficiency in MS Office and data analysis software (Excel, STATA or similar).
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills; experience developing compelling decks
- Can draw out meaningful insights from data and communicate them convincingly
- Ability to see big picture as well as and dive into details.
- Ability to work with various stakeholders and multi-cultural, cross-country environments across time zones
- Prior experience writing investment cases and undertaking projects requiring rigorous analytical approaches is a plus
- Attention to detail, ability to solve unexpected problems, and adaptability to unstructured and changing environments and project demands.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Unique opportunity to work with a multi-disciplinary and innovative team of global experts pushing the envelope on eradicating malnutrition.
- Will receive fantastic mentorship from senior team members and have access to professional development opportunities.
- The position will be home-based.
Consider your application unsuccessful if you are not contacted within 7 working days.